If you are interested in becoming a member of the MS Balance of State Continuum of Care (MSBoSCoC), here is a digital copy of our Membership Application. Please mail completed membership applications along with membership dues to our collaborative applicant, Mississippi United to End Homelessness (MUTEH), a tax-exempt 501 ©3 organization at the following address:
Checks made payable to:
P.O. Box 24147
Jackson, MS 39225
Any person, agency, or organization having an interest in or providing services to homeless individuals within our catchment area shall become eligible for membership. MSBoS meets on the second Thursday of every quarter. Members and community organization meet in Regional Coalition Meetings monthly. Meetings are open to any agency or person interested in the Continuum of Care. Agencies are notified on a regular basis regarding monthly meeting agenda, and any other information of importance concerning homeless issues.
Any member in good standing is entitled to one vote. Members are expected to participate in all activities sponsored by the organization, e.g. meeting, committee assignments, data collection for CoC, publicity, and support the organization in other ways necessary through the CoC process.
Members are expected to meet financial obligations as established.
Membership Dues are set at $10 annually for individual and agency members of the MSBoS. This MINIMAL FEE is set to encourage participation from all subpopulations that have an interest in the work of the CoC. Annual dues for homeless individuals are waived.
Upon joining Mississippi Balance of State Continuum of Care (BoS), I commit to do the following:
- Support the mission, goals, processes, and leadership of the MSBoS as agreed by the members
- Send an authorized representative(s) to attend all MSBoS meetings (quarterly & regional meetings)
- Prepare for each meeting by reading all pre-distributed materials
- Actively participate in all MSBoS-convened meetings from beginnings to adjournment
Our Goals Are to…
- Build and maintain a community-based Continuum of Care process
- Advocate for a full continuum of programs and services
- Ensure that homeless persons are treated with dignity and care
- Engaged in planning and evaluation to maximize the use of existing resources, and
- Advocate for policy changes that promote a comprehensive, long-term approach to solve homelessness.
- Advocate for all those who are homeless, at-risk of becoming homeless, or were formerly homeless.
Interested in joining Mississippi Balance of State Continuum of Care? Fill out the following form online form:
OR download and complete the PDF version:
- Membership Application (rev.5-2015) [Not fillable]