Please click the link below to access the CoC Application for the Program Year 2018-2019.
*Both renewals and reallocated projects must complete the application. The application deadline is Monday, July 17, 2017 at 5:00PM.
Note: This document has editable fields which can filled and printed. Make sure to fill all information needed before printing a final copy. Document works best in Microsoft Word on a Windows©-based device.
MS Balance of State CoC is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Continuum of Care funding cycle. This funding will renew/fund projects that have end dates in 2018 and continue through 2019.
MS Balance of State CoC will conduct an analysis of its existing projects to determine the extent to which each project addresses the goals of:
- End chronic homelessness by 2017
- Ending homelessness among households with children by 2020
- End youth homelessness by 2020
- End veteran homelessness by 2015
MS Balance of State CoC may reduce and/or eliminate funds for renewal projects to develop new projects through the reallocation of those funds. Projects that are underperforming, obsolete, or ineffective may be reduced or eliminated. Projects applying for funding are subject to a review that will be conducted which may include surveying community partners and/or site visits.
New projects can only be permanent supportive housing projects for the chronically homeless or rapid re-housing projects for individuals or families coming directly from the streets or emergency shelters, and includes persons fleeing domestic violence.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must have at least 1 year of data in the MS Balance of State AWARDS HMIS or if providing services to victims of domestic violence, then participation is with non-identifying information in a comparable database.
A separate application must be completed for each project, with the following attachments:
- Most recent APR
- Most recent A-133 Audit or certified Financial Statements
- Copy of 501© (3) documentation
- Copy of BoS Membership Certificate indicating HMIS compliance
- Copy of Agency Code of Conduct (for agencies currently HUD funded)
Applications can be:
- **New & Preferred: submitted online via the CoC FY17 Project Application Submission
- mailed to MS Balance of State, ATTN: CoC Coordinator, P.O. Box 24147, Jackson, MS 39225
- hand delivered to MUTEH, 201 West Capitol Street, Suite 800, Jackson, MS 39201
- faxed to (866) 551-0916
- e-mailed to the CoC Coordinator email@example.com
Applicants will receive written notice that their project has been accepted and will be ranked as part of the CoC Consolidated Application, or that their application has been denied and the reason for denial. Applicant agencies must enter their accepted project in the e-snaps electronic grants management system prior to being ranked for funding.