Care Lodge, in conjunction with the Mississippi State University – Meridian Extension Social Work Program will be hosting the 22nd Annual Conference on Domestic Violence. This year’s theme is “Surviving the Violence: Advocacy for Everyone.” The 1-day conference will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at the MSU Riley Center (2200 5th Street Meridian, MS).
Breakout Sessions will include topics such as:
- A Conversation About Revenge Porn
- Understanding the Scene in Non-Fatal Strangulation
- Working Together to Achieve Justice
- Spirituality in Counseling the Survivor of Domestic Violence
- Ethics in a Multi-Cultural Workplace
The Conference Keynote Address will be given by Emmy-Nominated WLBT News Anchor Maggie Wade of Jackson, MS.
For more information about the conference, visit Care Lodge’s Conference website.
To see a brochure of the conference activities and speakers, click here.
To register, click this conference registration link.